LOWER AND UPPER BACK
LIVE AND ONLINE
Many back problems stem from sitting for long periods with a bent back, from incorrect bending and lifting, and from stress. All of these causes areas of your spine to become progressively stiffer, these areas are unable to extend and stretch adequately. Stiffness makes it difficult to move with ease, in turn, diminishes your desire to move. The less you move the more tension is built. It becomes a structural tension.
Spit, or acute lumbago, is often the image of severe low back pain that suddenly “shoots”. It is also referred to as “going through the back”. It usually occurs very suddenly after a wrong movement or overload (often after bending, lifting, turning, grabbing something, etc.)
Over the years, we all developed twisted, curved, bent preferred postures and movement patterns. Unfortunately, these patterns frequently lead to severe degeneration in the range of motion. However, sometimes these complaints can also develop gradually.
In this workshop will focus on releasing the tension in the superficial movement muscles in order to bring mobility and alignment to the vertebrae. As well as bringing strength to the postural muscles. The function of the postural muscles is essential for obtaining better movement, strength and coordination. The strength and coordination of these muscles are developed through regular practice. In addition, optimally functioning of the postural muscles create space and freedom in the body.
One characterization of structural tension is our lack of awareness of it in our daily activities
WHEN & WHERE
Language: Dutch | English
Maximum: Eight persons
Investment: € 45,-
Studio: Yoga Lab
Address: Koningsstraat 36, Amsterdam
• 09:30-09:45 Introduction
• 09:45-11:00 Upper Back Class
• 11:00-11:15 Pause | Tea and cake (vegan)
•11:15-12:30 Lower Back Class
• The Live workshop is for everyone with or without yoga experience.
• Please let me know if you wish to follow the workshop ONLINE.
• Online there is no maximum of people and it would help if you had
all the tools at home!
Increasing mobility, is important for replacing incorrect movement structure and targets the joints and vertebrae, including the intervertebral discs.
• For cancellations due to illness or within 7 until 2 days prior to the workshop a € 25,- administration fee will be charged.
• If the workshop is cancelled due to Covid-19 regulations, you’ll receive a full refund of your investment.
• If there are insufficient registrations, I can choose NOT to let the workshop go through, in that case you will receive a full refund.
BY THE CURRENT REGULATIONS, SHOWING A QR CODE IS MANDATORY
The most significant thing is to take care of each other’s and your health. Therefore, I kindly ask everyone to take their health complaints seriously and give each additional space.
Should you have any questions